Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April Showers Bring....

Been doing a lot of surfing the net recently, looking at various things, letting information pour into and mostly out of my brain. It seems the more I learn the less I know, oh well, can't know everything. With April soon being upon us, my how March truly flew by this year, it got me to thinking of what all there is to look forward to this month, especially in the sports world. It is the month that gives us showers that lead to flowers. A month where we can get fooled and a month that gives us Easter. It is the final full month of the scholastic year for me and many others around. Picking a great time to graduate, with the economy struggling and all the other things associated with that, but I believe that things will turn out well in the end for both the economy and myself. This is America, land of the free, home of the brave. Have to be positive, skeptical, and realistic all at the same time. I may not have a job upon leaving college, but in time something will break through and work itself out, only time will tell when that time will be. I just hope it does not involve more school in the near future. Onto other things.

What makes April so great in the sports world is many, many things. WE have the end of the NCAA Tournament this weekend. We have Opening Day and the beginning month for MLB. We have the Masters Golf Tournament in my home state of Augusta, Georgia. I can just hear the CBS music now, ah the wonderful sounds of spring. The Azaleas in bloom, the grass is green, the bees are buzzing, very nice indeed. April also gives us the beginning of the NBA and NHL playoffs. When your team is in it, like the last two years, it makes it just that much better. Also, we have the NFL Draft, one of my favorite events to watch because it is all about projections, projections on how this player will help this team and how the future shapes up for your favorite organization(Atlanta Falcons). Its a stat geek, NFL nerds dream come true.

I would also be remiss if I did not mention the U.S. Men's Soccer team who scored two goals late Saturday evening to tie El Salvador and remain on top of the CONCACAF for the World Cup in 2010. Looks like there is some promise on this team with young players such as Jozy Altidore, Michael Bradley, Tim Howard(although not as young but still new to the squad this year) and returning veterans such as Demarcus Beasley, Clint Dempsey, and Frankie Hejduk. They have a game tomorrow taking on Trinidad and Tobago. Looking forward to that one to see if we can continue the momentum.

Now I leave you tonight, so I can get back to watching one of the greatest movies of all time, Godfather Pt. 2. Have a good one. Stay warm. Hugs and handpounds.

Mb

No comments:

Post a Comment