Monday, May 18, 2009

I am Done

As of 12:34 EST Monday May 18, 2009 I am officially done with college here at Lees-McRae. It has been a long time coming. Ever since I first walked on this campus for the first time as a student in August 2005, I have dreamed about this moment. As a young freshman you never think this day will come, it seems so far away at first, but as each semester passes by you realize how close you are to moving on into the real world. These last couple of weeks have been difficult from the standpoint of seeing all of the people you went to high school with finishing up their college careers a week or two before you, while you sit here and suffer agonizingly as you wait for the semester to drag to an end. And what a beautiful day up here in the mountains to signal the end for me. The sun is finally out and the weather is absolutely perfect. I have a little less than a week to spend up here. I am looking forward to what this week will bring. All of the fun and memories that are sure to be made. I have been making a conscious attempt to be nice and friendly to as many people as I can because I want to leave here on a positive note with everyone. That is something I need to do more ofter, open myself up and let people see what kind of a person I am. No need to hold grudges now, I am now in a carefree and happy. No worries for awhile, time to have some real fun. I don't think I will stop smiling for awhile. The grin has not left my face since we completed our presentation this morning around 11:30. This is a week of celebration and good times. Nothing really to worry about anymore. Looking back on all my years of schooling, I can't believe I have finally made it to this point. I talked about how far away this day seemed as a freshman, I remember thinking about this back in the 5th grade. That was 11 years ago. A lot of things have happened since then. High school seemed like it was just last week, and college seemed like it started a few days ago. A week after I graduate, my little brother will be ending his high school days and soon to beginning upon the journey I started 4 years ago. My little sister will be beginning her high school journey in the fall. My, where has the time gone? I remember the exact moment of where I was when she was born. Now she has grown so much I can't believe it. She has grown so much since I have been away up at school. Every time I see her it seems like she has grown another 2 inches. Whatever happened to that little girl who used to be my sister. Now she is nearly full grown, over 5ft tall and a string bean. She will always be my little sis, but now I will begin to think of her a little differently, a high schooler, hard to believe. So no more tests, no more presentations, no more studying, all that is left is to walk across the stage Saturday morning. I am done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mb

No comments:

Post a Comment