Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Happenings

So I have had a busy last few days that can be basically summarized like this. Eat, Drink, Sleep, Graduation, Eat, Drink, Sleep, Sleep some more, go to Linville Falls, Eat, Sleep, Drive home, Sleep alot more, Run, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Run, Eat again, now on computer typing this to you. Graduation was a blast, I had so much fun spending time with family and classmates. It was a bittersweet last couple of days. Not knowing when or if you will see any of your friends again. Worrying if some of the relationships you made will stand the test of time. Deep down I know this won't be true. We all live in different parts of the country and the world. I can only hope that we can maintain something meaningful over these next stages in our life. I wish that I had hung out with more of my classmates more often because they were just cool to hang with and I never gave it a full chance. I waited too long to get know some of these people and that is the one regret I will leave school with. But with every downside in life there comes an opportunity to learn something from it. It didn't occur to me initially, but after talking to one of these classmates/friend, that opportunity is to realize the mistake of being too shy and stop being a weenie when it comes to meeting new people. Take advantage of every opportunity, you never know who you might meet. So I am going to consciously work on that, it does not come naturally to me so it is something I always need to be aware of. Just being more friendly towards others will help my cause I think. Life is about relationships, making new ones, working on old ones, and everything else in between. It is always intriguing to me what others have to say, their perspective on things, its fresh, its refreshing and keeps the mind working and challenges it. These four years flew by. I can't believe I am done with school. The question is: what to do I do now? For now I will rest and recover from all of this. I am trying to figure where to look for jobs and what kinds of jobs I want to try to pursue. The job market is tough, so it will require patience. I like to relax, but I want to have some kind of purpose and direction in my life. I can't do that sitting on my ass, hoping something will come to me. I have to go after it, but go after it with a plan and goal in mind. I can only pray that I will find my true calling in life and find something that I enjoy doing, whether that is owning my own business, or working in sports somehow. All I need is an opportunity to get my foot in the door. That is where maintaining and building relationships with others becomes really important. Can't burn those bridges and no stone can be left unturned. With a little hard work and a vision of what you want to do, many things can be accomplished.

Mb

No comments:

Post a Comment