Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend of Contrasts

This has been a weekend of contrasts. Began with the excitement of watching some great races this weekend here at school where we hosted the first annual Conference Carolinas Championship track meet. The men won by 117 points, while the women came in third. So, congrats to all those who put in the work to make that happen. That lasted from late Friday evening all the way until about 5pm in the afternoon on Saturday. Pretty much everything after that this weekend has been on the downslope of enthusiasm. The food in the cafeteria that evening was unspeakable, not even worth mentioning. Then that evening, with no Braves game to watch there was not much going on other than watching Star Wars. Which is fine by me, but can bore other people to death, especially those who do not understand what is going on. It is not what most 19-22 year olds want to do on Saturday night. It does not bother me either way, I do not have to go out and party or go out and do stuff. I am just fine sitting contently in my place of residence, chilling and relaxing. I do not like when people say it was or it is a waste of an evening. Find something to do, do not wait for something to come to come to you. I don't like when people complain and then proceed to do nothing about those complaints. If you are bored, I really do not want to hear about it.

There was also a contrast in how the Braves played this weekend against the Pittsburgh Pirates. On Saturday they lost 10-0, but on Sunday somehow they managed to win 11-1 with essentially the same lineup with one notable exception. Chipper Jones made a return to the lineup and suddenly everyone stopped pressing and everyone started to hit. It is weird how that happens, but we need to learn how to win when he is not in the lineup. They have the talent to do so it is just a matter of changing their mental approach at the plate. The last of the weekend contrasts for me this weekend was going from doing no school work on Friday and Saturday to spend nearly three hours working on an Operations Management Excel Project. Tons of fun and tons of frustration. It is not something you want to start your day off with because it will just put you in a bad mood. Which is what happened with me as I worked on it from about 10-11 this morning, got through one problem and had to put it away for fear of my head exploding away. So I put it away and watched the Braves take care of business to put me in a better mood. Than after dinner I got to work with a guy from class and we put our heads together and finished that sucker. Than right after that I got to watch the Hawks completely dismantle the Miami Heat 90-64. A total team effort on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. The Hawks got up by 20 at the half and never relented. Hopefully they can keep it up because you know Wade and the Heat will find ways to bother and cause some problem for the Hawks. Oh by the way my NBA Finals pick is the Cleveland Cavaliers over the Los Angeles Lakers.

That is all from "the stache" tonight. Take care and drive home safely.

Mb

No comments:

Post a Comment