Thursday, December 2, 2010

Return of the beard

From those don't remember my old blog "tales from the stache", and who would have since I haven't posted one in over a year, this is the "return of the beard." A newer, hipper, more mature version. Stache 2.0 if you prefer. I decided to reboot this old thing because it was something I enjoyed doing and it really stirred some deep passions within me.

There is a lot that has happened to me since last September and most of you who keep in touch with me know what has been going on so I will only touch on the highlights. Since last September I have worked in retail and did that until July, it was a trying experience that taught me a lot of patience.

Also, I decided to enter graduate school and selected Troy University in Troy, AL. It is slightly bigger than my last school. Well, I say slightly, more like 10x as big if you can imagine that (700 to 7000). The smallness of Troy does not bother me as much as one might think. I have found this place warm (literally and figuratively) and I feel like I have made the right decision so far.

What else is new? Well I am still running, albeit not as much and not as fast as in my "younger" days. Logging around 20 mpw, enough to keep me in shape and my appetite up.

I have also been opening up my music tastes and have found many new artists in which to listen to , some are newer on the scene than others and I can say with great confidence that this music has helped me mentally get through some stressful times over the last few months. Some of those new bands that I have started listening to over the last year have been Drive-by-Truckers (props to my buddy Justin Haynes for introducing me to these guys), a rock band based in the South. I have fallen head over heels in love with everything these guys do and I can't believe I didn't listen to them sooner. I can't wait to see these guys live in concert. Another band is based right out of my backyard in Atlanta, Blackberry Smoke. A kick-ass Southern Rock band, whom I have seen twice this year. They have been described as if Lynard Skynard had had sex with angels. I'd say thats an accurate description. Sons of Bill is another band I would like to mention, who I have been listening to recently. I have heard and listened a little bit to them before the past year but did not follow them seriously as I do now.

This new version of the blog will also include my thoughts on sporting events going on in the world as well as any other random takes I may have on things ranging from school, life, and any new beer recommendations I encounter. I think that is enough for tonight. Hopefully I can get a decent following and let me know if there is anything you would like me to tackle.
Hugs and Handpounds.

MB

No comments:

Post a Comment