Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Top 5, Part II

Sorry for the delay tonight folk, got caught up over by Roan Mountain, Tennessee this evening. Long story but it involves 2 guys deciding to hike 13+ miles, most of it in the dark. As we speak they are still out there, lost maybe, hopefully not, but hopefully a lot smarter and less adventurous in the future. If you have been keeping up with the blogs, you know that Saturday is top 5 day on the blog. Tonight's rendition of "the stache" will be my top 5 musicians/bands to see live in concert. It doesn't matter if they are dead or alive. This is hypothetically who would I pay the most to see if given the opportunity. So here we go...

1. Jimy Hendrix- Not my favorite musician of all time, but I think this would be heck of a show. This left-handed guitarist is considered to be one of the greatest ever. He had fire and all sorts of psychedelic things going on at his show. It would've been an awesome experience to see this live and in person. A true legend who left us to soon.

2. Led Zeppelin- My co-favorite band of all time. Jimmy Paige, Robert Plante, what more can you say. So many great hits, long periods of instrumentals where no words are spoken and the guys are just jamming out. It would be great. It would give me goosebumps.

3. The Allman Brothers- My other of the co-favorites. Southern rock at its finest. To be able to see Duane Allman and company jam it up would be incredible. They have such versatility and great guitar play. Some of the best all time. I have really fallen in love with this band over the last few years. What talent. My favorite American band.

4. The Beatles- Arguably the most talented and best band of all time. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, simply legends and leaders of the British invasion of the 1960s. Everyone knows the Beatles, there songs are universally recognized. This would be a good band to go see and just chill, put all your worries behind you, you'll be at a peace of mind.

5. Eric Clapton- Great guitarist, good musician, period. There are so many others I could put in this spot, CCR, Aerosmith, AC/DC, heck maybe even Frank Sinatra but I think I would enjoy a Clapton show in his prime.

This is my list for the night. I hope you have enjoyed the latest edition of "the stache." Let me know what you think of this list and maybe give me a top 5 of your own. Take care and don't start any 13.5 mile hikes with less than 2 hours of daylight in the middle of the mountains. Stay warm out there. Hugs and handpounds.

mb

4 comments:

  1. Those two guys who went on that hike sound like real studs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet one of them was scared sh**less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, not with his fearless leader...although the dogs chasing us was a bit startling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that the Eagles are really good live.

    ReplyDelete