Friday, February 27, 2009

Final Friday February

"The stache" would like to give a shout out to my little bro who celebrates his 18th birthday today. Happy Birthday my man ! I'll see ya in a couple weeks.

Yes, we are at the end of the dullest month for sports, the month of February. Let's break it down for you if you need some refreshers on the ineptitude of this dull and drury month. Start off the month of the Super Bowl but thats only 1 day and we forget who played a week later unless you spend your days watching SportsCenter than you are reminded every 2 and a half minutes about the game. For someone who is a big fan of college football, major league baseball, and the NFL, February is a plain struggle. This year was particularly tough for me because for whatever reason I was really pissed off all the time during this month and I don't know why. Basketball is alright but it doesn't mean anything until March and April anyways. I guess if you are a big NASCAR fan you have something to look forward to. For those of us still in school, February is such a long ways away from the end of May. There are no breaks or major holidays. Thank goodness its only 28 days. On Sunday March begins and I can feel my outlook and disposition improving as we bear down on this month. March brings us the conference tourneys for basketball as well the Big Dance concluding a month from now. This I feel will be a pretty unpredictable tournament this year. Unlike last year where we had 4 #1's in the Final Four, this year will not produce the same results. Who will be there? We'll just have to glue ourselves to our couches over these next few weeks to see what the result will be. Also be on the look out for some bracket breakdowns by yours truly. I will dissect each region and give my picks to reach Detroit for the Final Four. March also brings us down the homestretch of the NBA season as we begin to see who will be making the playoffs and the matchups that will come as a result. My hometown Atlanta Hawks are desperately trying to hold onto the 4 spot and have home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. March also brings us closer to the baseball season and reminds all of us out there that baseball really is a kids game despite all the recent negative publicity the sport has received.

I hope you have enjoyed the latest installment of "the stache." Any suggestions for future topics don't hesitate to give me a shout on the home page. Hugs and hand pounds.

mb

No comments:

Post a Comment