Wednesday, February 25, 2009

1st Post

So this is my first of I hope to be many posts on this blog. The popularity of it will determine the frequency to which I write on here. I will be talking about the various random things that run in and out of mind. A lot of sports topics will be covered, as well as my thoughts on scholastic happenings, political things that irk me, and any other thoughts that come to me. I will try to keep it as interesting as I possibly can. Don't come on here looking for jokes, unless you got some good ones you'd like to share with. Here's the beginning of my writing career, just letting you know that so you can say you knew me when I was a poor, undergrad living in dorm room the size of a kitchen.

Just a few things today, wow what a boring slate of classes I have this semester. Operations Management, Business Law, please just kill me now. There are some exciting moments in some other classes, but once you've taken one business class you've pretty much taken them all with a slight variance in some more than others. Just finished and writing a paper on the book "Do the Right Thing" by James Parker, former CEO of Southwest Airlines. Good, easy read, would recommend it to anybody involved with the business world or are thinking about getting into it. Had a 3 mile tempo run this afternoon, done in 18min. Solid workout for outdoor season beginning in a few weeks. Looking forward to the upcoming workouts and trying to regain some of my lost speed and eager to set some PR's in the 1500/800 this final track season of mine. Other things of note, include the first day of the Lenten season, Ash Wednesday. Being a Catholic adult, its strongly encouraged by the church to give up something and to do a little extra. I've decided to give up meat on all wednesdays and fridays until easter. Fridays it is already a requirement to have no meat so I decided to throw in an extra day. Also going to eliminate deserts and any "unhealthy" snacks as well as do some extra reflection/prayer on a daily basis. One more thing before I let you go, Atlanta Braves began Spring Training play, today couldn't be more excited with antisipation for this season. We've made some good signings and I think we got a contender.

So I hope you enjoyed this somewhat if you found it boring, than don't come back, just kidding, I'll give yall another post soon. Hugs and hand pounds.

mb

3 comments:

  1. hugs and hand pounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt, a while ago I was thinking hardcore about starting my own blog. I got caught up in wanting it to be very specific towards one subject (sports in some form or fashion) and I never could decide. Now, I've got more homework than I would like to have and don't know how regularly I would keep up with it. But, I definitely like this and I'll be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Luke appreciate the comment. I enjoy writing and I happened to stumble across this surfing the net last night. Sports will be a heavily blogged about subject and I plan to update in atleast every 48 hours or so. So check back early and often. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete